Wifco has developed bolted style, grated steel walkways / catwalks, complimenting our similar style stairways to meet the demands of the harshest weather conditions. Its unique ease of manufacture and bolted design provides a rigid, cost effective solution for customers who need API compliant platforms with stairs to access a variety of heights and lengths.
Grated Walkways / Catwalks
- Grating allows snow to fall though the walk surface and a galvanized coating offers corrosion protection.
- Grating is also offered with a serrated surface.
- Angle and other components are offered in painted or galvanized coatings.
- Angle is provided in “solid design”; holes are placed only where needed.
Wifco has offered a grated step design for the past 10 years with excellent field performance and customer feedback. The steps are manufactured using robotic welders to obtain maximum and repeatable product quality. Stairways are available in any length as defined by customer
Wifco’s automated roll-forming of angle capability provides product options for hole placement and trimming.
- Holes placed only where desired
- Rounded hand-rail corners
- Sharp corners removed at entry points, such as edges of mid-rails
- No angle splicing on assemblies over 20 ft. long
- Rigid flanged toe-board
- Unique “suspension bridge” design makes structure rigid