Responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommending and implementing improvements to production processes, methods, and controls; and coordinating manufacturing launch of new and revised products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Company’s mission, vision, values, and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Identifies manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement, and/or efficiency can be improved.
- Prepares and presents plans for improvement and coordinates deployment including the development of procedures and work instructions.
- Assists Operations in improving a system of production, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control, and training.
- Prepares floor drawings and process documents for operations to execute.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new and revised products including established goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Support sales team on custom/new products (design, cost-out, create shop drawings, release to manufacture.)
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with the management team, providers, vendors, contractors, and customers.
- Strong team player.
- Exhibits creativity and latitude.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Effective time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Displays attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Computer proficiency.
- Knowledge in IBC, AISC, ASME, ASCE.
- Comfortable with section properties and performing hand calculations in structural analysis.
- Comfortable with FEA Analysis.
- Familiar with structural beam design utilizing bolted joints.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering with knowledge in Structural design is preferred.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques are preferred.
- 2D and or 3D modeling experience is desired.
- Continues job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities such as courses and seminars.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within manufacturing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Consistently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually utilizes visual acuity for work and the use of a keyboard.
- Exposure to the production floor requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses.
- When required on the production floor may need to stand, walk, and bend.
- When required on the production floor, heat in the summer and cold in the winter is a factor.