Responsible for utilizing computer-aided design systems to create technical drawings with specifications, methods, and codes for building product manufacturing by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Company’s mission, vision, values, and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Collects data, including the input from engineers, the sales team, and customer’s specified dimensions, codes, materials, procedures, and production methods.
- Utilizes the data to coordinate and incorporate it into drawings.
- Creates plans using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Calculates dimensions, weight limitations, and requirements in materials.
- Prepares and reviews rough sketches with the engineering team.
- Uses mathematical formulas to create component specifications and reproduce their schematics for use within reference materials.
- Helps design products with engineering and manufacturing techniques.
- When required, visits with production employees, engineers, sales team, and sometimes customers to collaborate.
- Identifies potential operational issues and redesigns products to improve functionality.
- Ensures final designs comply with regulations and quality standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with the management team, engineers, production team, and customers.
- Strong team player.
- Exhibits creativity and latitude.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Effective time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Displays attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Computer proficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2D and 3D Auto CAD experience preferred.
- Familiar with properly annotating drawings.
- Understanding of Blocks, Sheet sets, and Part lists.
- Completed classes pertaining to drafting and/or estimating, or on-the-job experience preferred.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within manufacturing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Consistently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually utilizes visual acuity for work and the use of a keyboard.
- Exposure to the production floor requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses.
- When required on the production floor, heat in the summer and cold in the winter is a factor.