Website Wifco Steel Products, Inc.
The Experts in Steel Fabrication. Access Solutions & Components for a Host of Industries.
Wifco Steel Products, Inc. seeks a highly skilled welder. Ability to pass a weld test, ASME, and AWS D1.1 certifications, and can read blueprints are prerequisites. Responsibilities include the operation of MIG (GMAW) and stick (SMAW) welding and cutting torches.
Responsible for proper operation of MIG (GMAW) and stick (SMAW) welders, and cutting torches, avoiding any machine or tooling damage, and producing parts to the highest quality, and meeting production standards in performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, and instructions.
- Interprets work orders, blueprints, sketches, specifications, diagrams, or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- Changes out welding gas and welding wire.
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- Works under the supervision of department lead and supervisor based on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and also provides support to those in a Welder I position.
- Manufactures parts in an efficient manner to meet print and/or customer demands and specifications.
- Keeps record of the number of pieces made.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department lead or supervisor.
- Works in a safe manner and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition, including cleaning at end of shift.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Takes direction from the Welding department lead, supervisor, and Operations.
- Works well with others and has a willingness to help fellow employees.
- Possesses leadership qualities for assisting less experienced welders.
- Ability to read and write, understanding written directions including basic print specifications and AWS welding symbols.
- Exhibits creativity and latitude.
- Possesses troubleshooting skills in seeing flaws in welds or structural imperfections in metal.
- Gives feedback and potential solutions to management.
- Displays attention to detail and mindful of the job at hand, making clean lines and cuts when welding.
- Has the stamina to work long hours on feet often in hot conditions.
- Demonstrates safety-conscious behavior.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Welding courses taken or some experience through schooling is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience welding is preferred.
- Experience in the proper use and operation of MIG (GMAW) welding, cutting, and torches is desired.
- Ability to pass a weld test, conducted pre-employment.
- Forklift operating experience is desired.
- May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures within manufacturing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is active and may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and crouching all day.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. If items are heavier than 50 pounds, seek the help of a lifting device, or request the assistance of a fellow employee(s) for a team lift.
- Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include, but not limited to steel toe shoes/boots, hearing protection, safety glasses, welding/cutting protective goggles, or helmet.
- Wearing loose-fitting clothes are not permitted in some areas, and wearing jewelry such as rings, bracelets, and necklaces are not allowed.
- The facility is not climate controlled, so heat in the summer and cold in the winter is a factor.
To apply for this job please visit wifcosp.com.