Website Wifco Steel Products, Inc.
The Experts in Steel Fabrication. Access Solutions & Components for a Host of Industries.
Wifco Steel Products seeks an experienced outside sales representative with a hunter mentality and proven track record within the oil and gas industry. Preference to candidates who can take Wifco’s steel manufacturing to the next level in other market segments. The individual will be required to reside within their territory covering Texas (primarily east, west, and south of Dallas).
Plans and implements sales and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
- Develops and implements strategic outside sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products.
- With assistance from the Company management team, develops and recommends production positioning and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Discovers and recommends new growth and upselling opportunities, and ides for new product development based on market analysis and customer feedback and needs.
- Meets with existing and potential clients at job sites, traveling over 50% of work time, preparing and delivering sales proposals/presentations, maintaining relationships, and negotiating and closing deals.
- Responds to inbound sales calls and emails in providing excellent customer service to current and potential clients by handling customer questions, complaints and concerns, and resolving issues.
- Generates regular sales calls to prospect and develop relationships, and follow up on leads.
- Prepares quotes, contracts, and responses for existing and potential customers.
- Meets or exceeds new and existing business sales goals.
- Configures accurate pricing and inputs all quotes and orders for accurate documentation.
- Plans and oversees promotional activities including trade shows, conferences, and association meetings.
- Creates and maintains product awareness, establishes a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Manages sales and marketing operating budgets.
- Keeps up-to-date awareness of company activities and industry trends.
- Adjusts sales strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales, and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains long-term, ongoing, and repeat relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners/customers.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all products and pricing, and product development timelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Displays a professional demeanor with well-developed sales and people skills, and an outgoing personality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with the management team and customers.
- Strong team player.
- Effective time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Displays high attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues and relate to customer requests and needs.
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Computer proficiency with experience operating Microsoft Office skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 5-10 years of equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of outside business-to-business sales experience with a proven track record of success is desired.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within manufacturing.
- Good driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Consistently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually utilizes visual acuity for work and use of a keyboard.
- Exposure to production floor and customer work sites requires use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses.
- When required on production floor and customer work sites, may need to stand, walk, and bend.
- When expected on production floor and customer work sites, heat in the summer and cold in the winter is a factor.
To apply for this job please visit wifcosp.com.