Website Wifco Steel Products, Inc.
The Experts in Steel Fabrication. Access Solutions & Components for a Host of Industries.
Wifco Steel Products seeks an experienced full-time driver, hauling truckloads in transporting product to customers out of state. Must have CDL Class A and medical certification, clean MVR, and working knowledge of DOT compliance.
- Semi-truck with 53’ step deck trailer
- 1-ton truck with 28’ and 40’ gooseneck flatbed trailers rated at 28,000 lbs.
Must have experience strapping and securing load.
Responsible for hauling truckloads, transporting products to customers in a safe and timely manner by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loads and delivers steel parts to customers.
- Verifies contents of inventory loads against shipping documents.
- Communicates with clients regularly to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Works under the immediate supervision of Operations.
- Reads maps and follows geographic directions, driving over a variety of terrain and weather conditions.
- Sometimes works out of town/state on temporary assignments.
- Completes accurate DOT daily logs and mileage records, billing statements, and hours when applicable.
- Submits Weekly Expense Reports to Accounting, including all related receipts; and also attaches those reports to the corresponding monthly credit card statement provided by Accounting with the required supervisor authorization.
- Obeys traffic laws and follows established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Performs truck and equipment inspections to detect and report any deficiencies in accordance with DOT requirements.
- Makes minor repairs to equipment as needed to maintain operation.
- Follows DOT compliance rules and environmental regulations
- Works in a safe manner and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Maintains truck and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Takes direction from Operations.
- Possesses a willingness to travel.
- Excellent time management and planning abilities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Presents oneself in a professional manner.
- Ability to read and write, and interpret various gauges and instruments used in loading and handling equipment.
- Maintains concentration, alertness, attention to detail for an extended period and possesses the stamina to work long hours.
- Demonstrates safety-conscious behavior.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A certification and current medical certification.
- Minimum 2 years of experience driving steel using a flatbed truck is preferred.
- Strapping experience.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- Working knowledge of DOT compliance rules and regulations.
- Forklift operating experience is desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Required to sustain twisting and turning of the spine while driving and manipulating controls.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb in and out, on and off of equipment.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. If items are heavier than 50 pounds, seek the help of a lifting device, or request the assistance of a fellow employee(s) for a team lift.
- Use of safety equipment to include but not limited to steel toe shoes/boots, hearing protection, and safety glasses.
- Ability to tolerate extreme temperatures.
To apply for this job please visit wifcosp.com.