Website Wifco Steel Products, Inc.
The Experts in Steel Fabrication. Access Solutions & Components for a Host of Industries.
Wifco Steel Products seeks a Laser Operator, responsible for the set-up and operation of a CL 900 Fiber Laser. 3-5 years of experience is preferred.
Responsible for the set-up and operation of the CL 900 Fiber Laser for the organization by producing parts to the highest quality and meeting production standards in performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up, operates, and monitors the CL 900 Fiber Laser in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Loads material onto automated loading equipment and pulls/separates parts from the conveyor.
- Performs operations such as cutting or trimming sheet metal of various types, thicknesses, and dimensions based on instructions.
- Programs and controls settings on the machine’s operating system.
- Interprets work orders, blueprints, sketches, specifications, or diagrams and checks parts against prints to ensure quality.
- Works under the supervision of department supervisor based on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Understands production information, such as length, width and thickness, material type, and quantity to be processed.
- Manufactures parts in an efficient manner to meet customer demands and specifications.
- Keeps record of the number of pieces made.
- Troubleshoots and makes any minor adjustments as needed to program, tech tables, or other settings to improve cut quality or process efficiencies.
- Examines completed parts for detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Stacks/palletizes parts for transfer to the designated department(s).
- Works in a safe manner and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition, including cleaning at end of shift.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Takes direction from the Laser department supervisor and Operations.
- Works well with others and has a willingness to help fellow employees when directed.
- Ability to read and write, understanding written directions including basic print specifications.
- Possesses problem-solving skills in detecting how to increase output and fix any errors.
- Displays attention to detail and mindful of the job at hand, making clean lines and cuts.
- Has stamina to work long hours on feet doing repetitive movements in hot conditions.
- Demonstrates safety-conscious behavior.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 0-2 years of experience in a manufacturing/production environment.
- 3-5 years of experience operating a laser machine is preferred.
- Forklift operating experience is desired.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within manufacturing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is active and may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and crouching all day.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. If items are heavier than 50 pounds, seek the help of a lifting device, or request the assistance of a fellow employee(s) for a team lift.
- Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include, but not limited to steel toe shoes/boots, hearing protection, and safety glasses.
- Wearing loose-fitting clothes are not permitted in some areas, and wearing jewelry such as rings, bracelets, and necklaces are not allowed.
- Facility is not climate controlled, so heat in the summer and cold in the winter is a factor.
To apply for this job please visit wifcosp.com.